Residential Real Estate
At McCuaig Desrochers LLP, our real estate lawyers work on transactions including first-time or experienced home buyers, small to medium size home building companies, and land and property developers in Edmonton and the surrounding area. Our team of experienced lawyers and conveyancing legal assistants work with our clients diligently to help them make sense of what can sometimes be a confusing and complex process.
Whether you are purchasing your very first home, refinancing your mortgage, improving and selling properties, buying and selling land for development and new builds, or anywhere in between, we can assist you with every step of the process.
We regularly work with our clients in the following areas:
- Purchase and Sale of houses and condominiums
- Refinancing of mortgages
- Subdivision agreements and new home developments
- Preparation of purchase and sale contracts
- Draw/construction mortgages
- Preparation of collateral mortgages
- Builders’ Liens
- Development appeals
- Condominium development and governance
- Estate sales and matrimonial sales upon breakdown of relationships
- Litigation of real estate disputes (please see our Litigation practice area)
Please contact our office to see how we can help you with any of your residential real estate needs.
At McCuaig Desrochers LLP, our lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with commercial leasing issues on behalf of both landlords and tenants. Whether the leasing requirements for your business relate to retail, office, industrial, agricultural or other needs, our commercial leasing group will be able to assist you in handling all aspects of your commercial lease, including many important considerations that are often overlooked by landlords and tenants alike. We can provide experienced, practical and timely assistance with the following matters:
- preparation or review of offers to lease
- preparation and negotiation of the lease and advising in respect of key issues including:
- operating costs
- construction and repair duties
- leasing incentives
- insurance requirements
- environmental terms and indemnity issues
- advising and assisting in respect of assignments and changes of ownership
- advising in respect of guarantees and indemnities supporting any lease
- advising regarding renewal issues
- advising in respect of termination issues, for breaches of the lease or otherwise
Our lawyers can also provide advice in related areas including enforcement of leases, alternate dispute resolution and litigation, land development and corporate law. Please contact our office to receive advice and assistance from one of our Commercial Leasing Lawyers or to speak further on any of your commercial leasing matters.