At McCuaig Desrochers LLP we have an outstanding history of providing the highest quality of service to our individual, corporate, and institutional clients. Our lawyers are experienced, have attained high academic standing, and enjoy an excellent reputation before the Courts and in the community.
Our law firm has an immediate opportunity for a full-time legal assistant to join our team. Proactive organization and attention to detail are particularly valued.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core duties:
- Provide full scope legal administrative support such as document preparation, drafting letters, client correspondence, binder preparation, overseeing trust funds, and billing;
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Complete due diligence searches (Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Land Titles);
- Calendar management and meeting organization;
- Document management duties, including filing and diary system;
- Building a positive rapport with staff, lawyers and clients;
- Work closely with our corporate records legal assistant monitoring annual returns and maintaining minute books;
- Provide additional administrative assistance and general office duties as assigned; and
- Follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a professional team environment.
In addition to experience with the above, the candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
- A legal administrative assistant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution;
- Minimum CORES 1;
- Minimum 3 years legal assistant experience;
- Strong attention to detail is required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- A positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to take initiative;
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients; and
- An interest in developing a long-term career at our firm.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment.
Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.