Modern farming, agriculture, and food production are a vital and growing industry in Alberta. They require diverse skills, and attention to multiple issues for success in today’s economy.
In order to effectively run your business, it is important that you receive valuable legal advice from experienced practitioners who recognize your day-to-day challenges. Our team of Agribusiness and Food Industry lawyers at McCuaig Desrochers LLP has the experience and understanding necessary to help you best succeed in this increasingly complex industry.
The agriculture and food industry has always played an important role in Alberta, and our lawyers are happy to assist you – whether you are a family farm, specialty producer, food processing facility, land-owner, Agri-coach, Ag-innovator, inputs supplier, grain broker, feedlot operator, plant breeder, Agri-retailer, or co-operative.
Some of the areas we can assist with include:
- Farmland purchase and sale
- Quota purchase and sale
- Farmland leases
- Family farm restructuring and succession planning
- Marriage, divorce and the farm
- Estate planning
- Farm incorporation and partnerships
- Surface leases and mineral rights
- Crop protection contracts
- Agrifood business incorporations
- Financing and credit
- Production contracts
- Distribution contracts
- Regulatory matters
- Co-packaging Agreements
- Labour and employment issues
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Licensing
- Business, landowner and other disputes
Please contact our office to see how we can assist you with any of your agriculture and food industry business needs.