Edmonton's Immigration Lawyers
McCuaig Desrochers’ immigration lawyers form Edmonton’s leading immigration practice group. Our lawyers have achieved academic excellence in this area and have both taught Immigration Law at the University of Alberta and are active in presenting on immigration law issues in Edmonton and across Canada. We have a proven track record of working with businesses and individuals to achieve their immigration objectives.
Our lawyers are experienced in assisting multinational corporations with global mobility issues but are equally able to help local businesses grow be helping them meet their labour needs. We can also advise businesses seeking to retain selected workers on a more permanent basis.
Our immigration lawyers help individuals to determine the best way for them or their family members to obtain Canadian permanent residence. We assist in application preparation and on-going processing; we also advise individuals as to the status of their application, and any options or other avenues available should any problems arise. Similarly, our lawyers can assist individuals in deciding which category of temporary residence best suits their situation and in determining the requirements that must be met in order to obtain temporary visas to Canada.
We work with our clients in the following areas:
- Applications for Permanent Residence
- Express Entry Applications and Invitations to Apply
- Assistance with Electronic Applications for Permanent Residence (e-APRs)
- Sponsorship of Family Class Members
- Work Permit applications and extensions
- Study Permit applications and extensions
- In-Land applications for certain Family Class and Humanitarian & Compassionate cases
- Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA’s), previously known as Labour Market Opinions or LMO’s, through Employment and Social Development Canada as a precondition to the employment of temporary foreign workers
- Appeals before the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (“IRB”)
- Hearings before the Immigration Division of the IRB
- Provincial Nominee applications under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- Applications to the Federal Court of Canada concerning immigration matters (judicial review applications)
- Canadian citizenship issues
- Transfers to Canada under NAFTA, CCFTA, and GATS (e.g. intracompany transferees, NAFTA Professionals)
McCuaig Desrochers’ immigration lawyers are active in leadership roles with the Canadian Bar Association’s Immigration Section both provincially and nationally and are among the top Edmonton immigration lawyers called upon to speak at seminars and conferences offered by the Canadian Bar Association and the Legal Education Society of Alberta.
Should you require an immigration lawyer, please feel free to contact one of our lawyers for more information or to determine the fees for an initial consultation.
Why Speak to an Edmonton Immigration Lawyer?
The Canadian Bar Association has published an informative guide about the benefits of speaking with an immigration lawyer as part of a successful immigration process. Not all immigration representatives are lawyers. Among other things, immigration lawyers can guarantee confidentiality, have specialized training and education, and are regulated by the law society to ensure competence, professionalism and ethical behaviour.
Temporary foreign workers working in Canada’s Agri-Food Sector play an important role in maintaining the country’s food security. In recognizing
One of the ways that an immigrant to Canada may become a Canadian permanent resident is to apply