McCuaig Desrochers LLP is accepting applications for the following associate positions:
- Litigation Associate (2-5 year call)
- Solicitor / Corporate-Commercial Associate (2-5 year call)
We are seeking both a litigation associate and a corporate-commercial associate. In each case, the ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant experience as a practicing lawyer. Many of our associates engage in a combination of barrister’s and solicitor’s work, and candidates should not assume that they will be limited to one or the other.
In assessing candidates, we prioritize fundamental legal competence and high ethical standards over a pre-existing focus in any specific practice area. However, a pre-existing practice focus will not prejudice any candidate. We are willing to train and mentor suitable candidates. We also encourage associates to pursue areas of focus in accordance with the firm’s business needs and the associates’ own interests and aptitudes.
Salary shall be dependent upon the experience level of the associate. We view our associate salaries as being consistent with and competitive within the downtown Edmonton market. We also offer a generous benefit package, which includes underground parking in the downtown core.
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following information:
- A resume showing academic career, employment experience, and other activity such as travel, unpaid work, or community service;
- A listing of significant achievements, awards, and special skills such as languages or professional designations (if not already in the resume);
- A description of any roots or connection to any community, and in particular the Edmonton community, noting any particular connection to business, cultural or social organizations;
- Reference letters and contacts are helpful and appreciated. If letters are not available, please provide contact information for your references, and a note of their relationship to you; and
- One or more telephone numbers and an email address where we may contact you.
Candidates submitting their applications electronically are asked to submit their application as a single PDF document, and not to email an assortment of separate attachments.
Applications should be made to the attention of C. Vincent Kurata.