Intermediate to Senior Legal Assistant
Our law firm is searching for a full-time legal assistant to join our team working primarily in the area of immigration law.
The successful candidate will ideally have between five (5) and ten (10) years of experience with a proven track record supporting more than one lawyer concurrently.
- Organization of files and client binders, including sending, receiving, and tracking financial disclosure and other documents;
- Tracking court and limitation dates and managing a diarization system;
- Preparing and drafting legal documents, including pleadings and agreements;
- Assist with preparation for mediations, judicial dispute resolutions and trials;
- Preparing client accounts and collecting payment; and
- Assisting with general office duties and coverage of other support positions (including reception) as the need arises.
In addition to experience with the above, the candidate would have the following background, skills and experience:
- a legal administrative assistant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution;
- strong attention to detail is required;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- the ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- a high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff, and clients; and
- an interest in developing a long-term career at our firm.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment.
Please apply in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.