Business owners in Edmonton and surrounding areas are important drivers of our economy. There are many different considerations, depending on whether you are starting a new business, buying, running, expanding, selling, or winding down your current business, or just require some guidance on business and corporate legal matters. At McCuaig Desrochers LLP, our business lawyers combine the valuable experience and common sense to best assist you with timely and practical legal advice for the entire range of services you may need as you operate your business.Our business lawyers have a proven track record of working with many successful small to medium sized Edmonton Businesses.
Our team diligently works with our clients to help navigate legal issues which commonly affect business, and which affect each individual business in different ways. Some of these services include the following:
- New incorporations, annual returns & corporate resolutions
- Business and corporate financing
- Corporate dissolutions and winding up
- Partnerships, proprietorships and joint ventures
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Real estate
- Commercial leasing
- Employment contracts and policies
- Reorganizations, including amalgamations and share/debt restructuring, and takeovers
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Unanimous Shareholder Agreements (USA)
- Corporate governance matters
- Shareholder disputes
- Succession planning
- Publically listed corporations including corporate governance and regulatory compliance, acting as corporate secretary, attending to Sedar filings and maintaining minute books
- Compensation planning and stock option planning
- Related party and going private transactions
- Non-Profit company issues as well, including start up, shareholder meetings, and governance
We also benefit in working closely with our other teams of lawyers to assist you with any litigation, employment, real estate, business immigration, and estate planning issues you or your business may face. Please contact one of our business lawyers to get advice and information to help you and your business thrive in today’s economy.
The remedies available to stakeholders in corporate disputes for oppression are some of the most flexible remedies available at law.
As a result of Alberta’s The Red Tape Reduction Implementation Act (RTRIA), two significant changes came into force on March